Super Bowl 2016: How to watch Super Bowl 50 on TV | The Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers have punched their tickets to Santa Clara and will meet in Super Bowl 50.
And in case you haven’t been paying close attention — or noticed that the 50-yard line at every NFL stadium was painted gold this season, for instance — this year marks the 50th edition of the league’s annual title game between the NFC and AFC. Some have even dubbed this one as the “Golden Super Bowl” because it’s being played in the Golden State on its golden anniversary.
Here’s everything you need to know in order to watch — or plan a Super Bowl party around — the big game:
When is the Super Bowl?
Super Bowl 50 is Sunday, Feb. 7.
Who’s playing in the Super Bowl?
The Denver Broncos and the Carolina Panthers.
Where is the game being played?
Super Bowl 50 will be played at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., home of the San Francisco 49ers.
What time does the Super Bowl start?
The game kicks off at 6:30 p.m. ET.
How can I watch Super Bowl 50?
The Super Bowl will be televised live on CBS, with Jim Nantz, Phil Simms and Tracy Wolfson calling the game. Also, ESPN Deportes will provide a Spanish-language telecast of the game.
CBS, which will debut its new logo and graphics package, announced its coverage plans and TV programming for the event. Some of the highlights include:
- The NFL Today hosts James Brown, Tony Gonzalez, Bill Cowher, Bart Scott and Boomer Esiason will count down to kickoff on the Super Bowl 50 pregame show with various guests and analysts.
- CBS Sports Network’s Sunday pregame show — That Other Pregame Show — expands to the week leading up to the Super Bowl, airing live from Super Bowl City, an area of San Francisco, at the foot of Market Street.
- CBS News will have correspondents in San Francisco and around the country reporting on the significance of the big game and the business implications of television’s most-watched event.
Yes! Super Bowl 50 will be streamed live on CBSSports.com.
- Live stream link: click here
There are several ways for you to watch via computer, tablet, and home entertainment device.
- Via CBSSports.com: This is the easiest way. Head to this link to stream the game. One stop shop to watch NFL football on desktop or tablet. It’s our in-house player, tried and tested for excellent performance. Live streaming on mobile devices is only available for eligible Verizon Wireless customers via the NFL mobile app.
- Others: The CBS Sports Channel/App on Roku, AppleTV, XBOX One and Windows 10.
You can use this page for reference, too, for acceptable devices (just scroll down).
Who will provide the halftime entertainment?
CBS announced that Coldplay will headline the halftime show at Super Bowl 50. Since forming in 1996, Coldplay has won seven Grammy Awards and is best known for songs like “Yellow,” “Fix You” and “Viva La Vida.”
Also joining the British rock band is Beyonce. The two artists recently collaborated on a pair of songs — “Hymn for the Weekend” and “Up and Up” for Coldplay’s new album A Head Full of Dreams. Super Bowl 2016: How to watch Super Bowl 50 on TV